New & News
10/1/18 Current Fire Restrictions at the Huts
Due to extremely dry conditions in the high country and the risk of wildfires please respect the following restrictions:
- OUTDOOR FIRES NOT ALLOWED AT: Continental Divide, Point Breeze, Jay's, Chuck's Up & Down, Walter's Up & Down, and the Broome Hut.
- PERSONAL CHARCOAL OR GAS GRILLS NOT ALLOWED: All Huts
- OUTDOOR PROPANE GRILLS PROVIDED & ALLOWED AT: Jay's, Chuck's Up & Down, Walter's Up & Down, Continental Divide and Point Breeze.
- USE OF INDOOR WOOD BURNING HEAT & COOK STOVES/OVENS ALLOWED AT: All Huts.
- INDOOR PROPANE BURNERS & PROPANE OVENS ALLOWED AT: All Huts
- SAUNAS ALLOWED AT:Jay's, Chuck's Up & Down and Walter's Up & Down.
- FIREWORKS NOT ALLOWED: All Huts
- SMOKING NOT ALLOWED: All Huts
12/19/17 Summit Huts Rate Increase
The Summit Huts Association, which includes Janet's Cabin, Francie's Cabin, Ken's Cabin and the Section House, will be raising their rates by $5 for all huts. The new rates will be: Janet's Cabin & Francie's Cabin - $43 per person, The Section House - $35 per person, Ken's Cabin - $80 per night. These rates are for all new reservations made after December 31st, 2017.
1/22/15 Changes to 10th Mountain Division License Plate
People who currently do not have 10th Mountain plates – and want them – are required to make a minimum $45 contribution to the Foundation. This a one-time fee for each vehicle and is not required for renewals. The State of Colorado charges an additional $50 which goes to the State as it does with all specialty plates, and normal vehicle registration fees still apply.
If you are a current 10th Mountain plate holder or are interested in purchasing 10th Mountain plates, please visit the Foundation’s website for an excellent explanation of the program as well as necessary forms for replacement or purchase of plates